Autor Thema: Installing base-devel from usb drive  (Gelesen 77 mal)

Offline paeb

• Neuling
  • Skill: Anfänger
Installing base-devel from usb drive
« am: 16. Januar 2021, 18:05:34 »
Hello everyone,

today I did my first linux installation of Manjaro. Unfortunataly I can't get an internet connection, since my WiFi "dongle" (AC 1200 Dual-Band USB) is not working. I tried installing the linux drivers from the CD it shipped with but can't finish the installation process due to the missing installation of "make".  This is why I would like to know, how to install "make" or "base-devel" from an USB drive, since I don't have internet access.

I tried following this guide: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Prerequisites

by downloading community.db, core.db, extra.db, multilib.db from another Windows PC with the help of Ubuntu WSL. After copying all files to my Manjaro computer I'm stuck where I need to do

pacman -Sp --noconfirm package-name > pkglist
resulting in the error message: "Target not found: core.db" after inserting "core.db" into "package-name" above and so on. I also tried "core" instead of "core.db". This is all done while beeing in the /var/lib/pacman/sync/ directory inside bash.

I spend a whole day on this problem and I'm very interested in finding the problem, since I don't want to go back to Windows! :D

PS: This is my first post! Sorry for formatting errors etc.

Thanks for your time!
Paul